Thursday 16 February 2012

Haul: February 2012 Bellabox

How quickly a month passes! Just last month I blogged about receiving my first Bellabox, and already, I've received my February Bellabox - the Valentine's edition. ^~^


Here's what I received:
 

The theme this month was "Share the Love" - timely because February is Valentine's month! It's a shame that I only received this after Valentine's Day, because I would have loved to use the perfume - it smells divine!
 

First up: Pangea Organics Discovery Kit (S$59.95, presumably for full-size versions)

This is a set of three sachets, namely:

(1) Facial mask in Japanese Matcha with Acai and Goji Berry

(2) Shower gel in Italian White Sage with Geranium and Yarrow

(3) Facial cream in Nigerian Ginger with Lavender and Thyme

Now, I have a pet peeve - I don't like things that come in sachets, especially beauty products. To my mind, they're fiddly, flat, messy to use and really don't deliver enough product to make it worthwhile. I mean, imagine showering with whatever's in that little packet! Hmm... perhaps it's just me?

Still, the ingredients sound wholesome and, well, organic. I think these might come in handy for when I'm next away from home, and don't want to use the shower gel and cleansing products that the hotel provides.


Duchess Marden Body Serum (200 ml for S$89.89)

This product claims to "hydrate, soften and stimulate new cell growth" that is easily absorbed into the skin, without leaving any residue. I'm psyched to use this, because who couldn't use more beautiful, glowing skin? Rather pleased to receive this!


Nvey Eco Organic Eyeshadow in 150 Charcoal Blue (S$49.90)

I quite like the product samples offered by Bellabox, because a lot aren't available in Singapore except through the Bellabox website. A whole eyeshadow is pretty generous, even though it comes packed in a transparent disposable plastic casing. This comes in a lovely shade of grey/blue, which, even though I haven't swatched it, looks like it'd make for pretty eyes if the colour payoff is good. In addition, these eyeshadows are talc-free and have ingredients such as chamomile and jojoba. Pretty alright for an eyeshadow - beautifying your skin while making your eyes beautiful (yay playing with words!).


Oscar De La Renta Esprit D'Oscar (100ml for S$125)

Okay, so this one I've tried. It's gorgeous. I love, love, love the scent! It consists of a heady mix of floral, oriental notes, which is so sophisticated. Basically, this scent is an updated version of the original perfume created by Oscar De La Renta in 1977. I must confess that I'm a bit of a perfumey girl (I actually have -eep- about 5 on rotation right now), so this will be a great addition to my collection. ^~^
 

Ansley Show Hot Dual Volume Mascara (S$12.90)

I didn't manage to get a good photo of this, but here's the deal. Ansley is a Korean cosmetics brand, and is one of those dual-ended mascaras that consists of a white-coloured priming essence on one end, and a very black mascara on the other. What I liked about the mascara (in particular) is the brush on the mascara end. It's kind of twisty, which is pretty alright for adding volume to puny lashes (like mine)!


All in all, I'm pretty pleased with what I received this month. Thanks Bellabox, here's to next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment