Sunday 15 January 2012

Haul: January 2012 Bellabox

First off, I have sad news. My camera has decided to throw in the towel, so goodbye to pretty, sharp photographs until I can get a new one! 

Does anyone have any good digicam recommendations? I'm open to suggestions!

I wanted to share some pictures that I took of my very first Bellabox! Bellabox is a service where, for S$15 a month, you'll get a curated box of 4 to 5 deluxe samples from high-end brands, ranging from health & beauty samples to fragrance, make-up and lifestyle products. Much like Birchbox and Glamabox.

A part of me thinks that this may very likely be a fad, but hey, as long as the samples are good, I don't mind paying the monthly S$15. ^~^ Here's what I got in the January 2012 Bellabox. 

Picspam ahead! First off, the lovely packaging:






The theme of this month's box was "A New Year, A New You". Samples leaned towards organic, holistic enrichment of the body and soul. Nice, because these are unlikely to break any New Years' Resolutions! 

Samples were wrapped with tissue paper, topped with a pretty sticker. Felt like I was opening a present! 




Belif Hydra Sebum Control Essence (10ml; 50ml retails for S$57)

Hydra sebum controls the release of excess sebum and oil in your skin, making the pores smaller and leaving your skin feeling dry on the outside but soft and moisturised on the outside.

This looks really cool. I've always wondered if these oil control products work (besides Tea Tree Oil), and am keen to give this a shot!



Dr Jart BB Cream (15ml; 50ml retails for S$33)

This unique triple action formula containing innovative active ingredients aims at naturally covering skin blemishes, protecting skin from UV rays and activating skin rejuvenation. It also smoothes wrinkles and fine lines while providing nourishment to the skin. 

I've heard so much about this! Can't wait to give it a try - there was a time when everyone was using Dr Jart BB Cream. Really pleased with this one. ^^


Dr Dennis Gross Extra Strength Alpha Beta Peel (1 packette; 10 packettes retail for S$71)

This do-it-yourself beauty treatment gives you all the ingredients, expertise and secrets straight from the dermatologist's office. This amazing product is anti-aging, brightening, complexion clearing and perfect or all skin types. You will see immediate results for a radiant and glowing complexion.

Am interested to try this out. I've never done anything remotely resembling a skin peel before, so this should be fun, especially when it claims to give awesome results. 

Herban Essentials Towelette (Lemon, 20 towelettes retail for S$18)

Herban Essentials essential oil towelettes are made with the highest quality pure essential oil, which not only makes them smell amazing, but makes them naturally antibacterial and antiseptic as well. Available in Lemon, Orange and Lavender. 

This looks a bit like a high-end wet wipe to me, but I'll keep this handy in my purse and we'll see how well it works!


Pangea Organics Lip Balm (Pyrenees Lavender with Cardamom, retails for S$14.50)

Pangea Organics have created a long lasting lip balm that deeply moisturises, nourishes and protects lips. There are 3 flavours available: Egyptian Fennel with Grapefruit and Sweet Orange, Italian Red Mandarin with Rose and Pyrenees Lavender with Cardamom.

Definitely most pleased with this sample. It's full-size, and I'm a fiend for lip stuff, so this is perfect! The other 2 flavours sounded a little more exciting, but lavender doesn't seem too bad either. Can't wait to try this out!


All in all, I enjoyed exploring the contents of my January 2012 Bellabox, and am looking forward to roadtesting the products - and receiving next months' Bellabox! 

Do you use any sample services like Bellabox? Share your experiences in the comments! ^~^

No comments:

Post a Comment