Tuesday 13 March 2012

Review: Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation


Apologies for being away for so long! I've got some exciting news, but I'm keeping my cards close to my chest right now. All will be revealed very soon!

I ordered Bourjois's Healthy Mix Foundation about a month ago from ASOS, as the last time I used proper foundation was about 5 years ago, and I felt like moving away from BB cream (Yes, I've been a devotee of BB cream and tinted moisturiser for that long). I wasn't looking for something that would give super-thick coverage, so after doing my research online, and seeing that this range was going for cheapies online, I decided to give this a shot. 



The Claim:

Bourjois Healthy Mix claims to give 70% more radiance and flawless complexion for up to 16 hours! How awesome is that?

The glide-on formula contains elements of apricot, melon, apple and ginger, which claim to provide radiance, hydration, anti-oxidants and energy. All very impressive! I couldn't wait to try it out. 


The Test:

I used this for about one and a half weeks, over a primer. My intention was to find out if the foundation would last for a whopping 16 hours, all the while fulfilling the radiant-complexion-in-a-tube claim.
 

What I loved:

The foundation smells gorgeous. Fruity and sweet, I had to take a good whiff of it before applying it to my face. Sadly, it doesn't really last once the foundation is applied, but it really does have a good consistency, and glides on smoothly. It isn't too thick, which is nice, because foundation has a nasty habit of settling into fine lines and flaws on skin. 

I got this in Shade 52 Vanilla, which is just nice for my slightly tanned complexion. I felt that it gave good coverage, and evened out the discolouration from the veins (and things). As you can see from the picture above, using Bourjois Healthy Mix virtually erased the blue veins that are clearly visible on my bare skin. Furthermore, I think the fruit essence does some good for the skin, because I noticed a visible brightening and radiant effect on my skin after use. Sadly, this did not persist after I removed the foundation, but my skin did become a little smoother over the course of the week.


What I didn't:

It didn't last for 16 hours. :( 

I found that on average, the foundation would wipe off easily, especially when I used oil blotters or facial tissue. I didn't use any face powder to set the foundation, because I find it too "made up". Furthermore, I was a bit miffed that it claimed to stay for 16 hours, because the radiant effect did wear off after a couple of hours.

Overall, I would recommend this product, because using it does give a radiant complexion, if only for a couple of hours. Coverage is good, and isn't too heavy. Maybe it would be better suited for girls with normal to dry skin, as it doesn't seem to have so much staying power for people with combination to oily skin like me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment