Tuesday 22 November 2011

Review: Etude House Moistfull Collagen Emulsion



So I've heard a lot about Etude House's Moistfull Collagen range. I've never used a collagen product before (even though I've drunk my fair share of collagen-enriched drinks), and was really pleased to get the trial 25ml size emulsion when I bought a nail polish at the Tampines 1 outlet of Etude House, thanks to the really cute, sweet SA there. Perfect timing, too, because my usual brand of moisturiser just ran out, so this served as a nice in-between for the two weeks or so till I could get a new bottle.

There's my cute kitty cat from tic-tac-toe-x posing beside the bottle. Isn't he cute?



The Claim:


The Etude House website states that the "gel textured facial toner removes pore buildup while moisturizing and tightening complexion." All that, and it manages the following wonderful things too, all at the same time:


- Mild, gel textured facial toner improves skin elasticity
- Removes pore buildup while moisturizing
- Baobab Tree + Collagen combination improves dermal structure and moisture retention


The Test:


I have combination skin, veering on oily in humid weather, which is pretty much every day here in Singapore. So I like moisturisers / emulsions / lotions / what-have-you in formulas that aren't excessively heavy. Yet, they still need to keep my skin from getting dry and flaky because I spend most of my days in a fully air-conditioned environment. I was hoping that the Moistfull Collagen Emulsion would step up.

I used the Moistfull Collagen Emulsion every day, morning and night, for two weeks. During that time, it replaced my normal moisturiser (Skin Food's Black Raspberry Young Yang Serum).

What I loved:

Primarily, the scent. When you open the bottle, the scent is just lovely to behold. It smells like a mixture of orange and nectarines, and is just zesty enough to wake you up in the mornings. After using it, my husband said I smelt like a baby, which I think is a good thing!

Second, the emulsion absorbs quickly into the skin, without being too rich, slimy or creamy. The formulation was moist enough to keep my skin hydrated, but didn't rest heavily on it, and I only had to blot my T-zone once at lunchtime (usually I have to blot twice in an average work day). I'm not sure if my dermal structure and pore buildup saw any improvement, but overall I could feel my skin elasticity improving, probably due to the fact that my skin was better hydrated, felt smoother, and when used as a make-up base, my foundation stayed on longer. Result!

What I didn't love:

I couldn't find anything not to love. Perhaps only that the trial bottle was too small!

Overall, I'd say this product would suit girls with combination / oily skin, who don't need too much when it comes to the moisturising department. If you're looking for a product that is easily absorbed, and delivers on hydration and improving skin texture, you might want to give this a try. It's not the newest, most exciting product that Etude House has to offer, but it definitely does what it says it will!

In other news, seems that Etude House has come up with a new range of the Missing U hand creams as well - with Shinee! The ad is 100% precious:





Don't you feel like bringing the lost bees home now? ^~^ Hope everyone's having a lovely week so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment