Wednesday 7 December 2011

O.P.I. Muppets Collection



I love the Muppets. They sing, they dance, and they filled my childhood years with a great deal of joy. Who didn't sing along to the Muppets theme tune? I remember crying when I learnt that Jim Henson, the creator of the Muppets, passed away, despite not being acquainted with the mechanics of life and death at the time. These days, the Muppets are a Disney franchise, and The Muppets Movie, released in late November 2011, is the latest in a string of Muppet movies that have seen kids through the years.

As a tie-in to the movie, O.P.I. released a series of 12 polishes (6 glitter, 6 sheer) inspired by Muppet characters. I found the mini-manicure sets recently when I was roaming the little shops in the shopping area near my workplace. Sadly, most of the glitter colours are gone, leaving the burgundy-ish, maroon-ish shades, but nonetheless, it was an awesome throwback to my youth to be able to see these fun polishes. Maybe I'll think about getting some the next time I'm in the vicinity ^~^


(From left)

Fresh Frog of Bel-Air - A glitter that prefers the greener things in life. Of course, inspired by Kermit, because it isn't easy being green ^^

Excuse Moi! - Ahem! This pink glitter has something to say! That would be Miss Piggy. She is the inspiration for the most of the glitter polishes in this line.

Gone Gonzo! - The aqua-blue glitter is taking over the world! The Great Gonzo lends his name to this polish, and it's one of my favourites of the lot, too.

Rainbow Connection - The rainbow glitter of your dreams. Named after the brilliant, brilliant song, the Rainbow Connection, it's a multi-colour glitter that just looks perfect for the holiday season.

Getting Miss Piggy With It - Red glittery fun for everyone! Another Miss Piggy-esque polish, this time a pretty cherry red.

Divine Swine - The finest, most fabulous magenta glitter ever. Yup, another Miss Piggy one, only purple.
p/s: I also love how some of the names for the glitter have Fresh Prince of Bel-Air references!

(From left)


Designer, De Better - And this light metallic bronze is ready for the runway. I like the sheeny, shimmery quality of this creamy, silvery polish.


Warm and Fozzie - A feel-good shade of metallic copper. Of course, named after Fozzie Bear!


Wocka Wocka - The popular deep berry makes everything fun and merry! Another Fozzie Bear colour, though the berry shade is so-so.


Pepe's Purple Passion - This deep, decadent shade is the best purple ever, okay! I like how this one is named after Pepe the king prawn. I do love the berry, almost brown shade.


Animal-istic - This wild bright red cannot be tamed! It's exactly the shade of Animal's fur!


Meep Meep Meep - Missing out on this fuchsia would make you weep, weep weep! Although I think the colour is pretty generic, I love how the polish is named after the sound Beaker makes!
The glitter colours are far and away my favourite - just look at Rainbow Connection! Have been bugging hubby to watch the movie with me after I watched the trailer:
More about The Muppets Movie can be found here.

2 comments:

  1. Out of all of them I think my fave is the warm and fozzie! I've seen it on a number of bloggers and it looks gorgeeeeeous.

    I haven't actually bought any of this collection though. OPI is expensive here (£10.50) XD...how much is it in Sg?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jian: I know! I saw Warm and Fozzie in the flesh the other day in some random store, and it's soooooo pretty ;~;

    OPI is super expensive here too - usually about 20+ dollars? That's about the same as £10.50. That said, I've seen OPI for about the equivalent of 6ish Singapore dollars in Hong Kong.

    ReplyDelete