Wednesday 7 December 2011

NOTD: Kawayi Beauty

I don't often get my nails done, because I either tend to leave them bare, or use one of my mother's many bottles of nail polish to give them a quick lick of nail paint. So naturally I'm more than happy to let my nails get looked at by a professional. On a friend's recommendation, I recently went to a place called Kawayi Beauty, which has an outlet in town.

The deal that I got included an express manicure, fitting of full-tip nails, polish, and 5 pieces of acrylic nail art. As I've never had fake nails or gotten nail art done before, I was pretty psyched.




The salon didn't look too bad, and I was ushered to a bench directly opposite the red easy chairs (pictured) to have a seat. There were red easy chairs free, but the girl who did my express manicure asked me to sit on the bench the whole time. I was a little confused, because apparently they only let customers who do a full mani pedi sit on the easy chairs. Nevertheless, I pressed on.

The girl discouraged me from doing the full-tip nails, even though I wanted to get it as it was part of the package, and kept on pushing me to do a Gelish manicure or acrylic nails. In the end, it came to a point where I just gave up on insisting that she give me what was stated in the package and asked her to do the mani on my own nails.

I chose bows for my nail art, hoping that said bows would look something like this:


Anyway, here's the finished product:




Hurriedly taken because I was heading out for an event. I think it's safe to say that the quality of the mani wasn't all that, and that I can say with some certainty that I won't be revisiting that salon. However, the mani was cute, until everything started to peel off, less than a week after I got it done. In the end, I just washed everything off and redid my nails by myself (with Etude House's PK013 polish, which, by the by, is gorgeous).

Have you ever had a less-than-ideal salon experience? Feel free to share in the comments!

Kawayi Beauty is located at Far East Plaza, 14 Scotts Road #05-47 Far East Plaza, Singapore 228213.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh sorry to hear about your less than satisfactory experience at the salon! :( I hate it when that kind of thing happens! I would have got pissed off if I was treated that way...

    ReplyDelete